While ML falls under the AI field, specialized ML skills are increasingly in demand, and it’s an area in desperate need of more women and diverse people. Companies are hiring from basic, entry-level positions to more advanced roles, with a median salary of $109,000 according to Payscale. In terms of specific skills, ML specialists benefit from having:
- Fluency in Java, C++, Python, or similar development languages.
- Anything from a master’s degree to a doctorate, depending on the role.
- Knowledge of data tools like H20 and TensorFlow.
Most in-demand technological skill: artificial intelligence and machine learning
What is the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? According to Microsoft, “Artificial intelligence is the ability of a computer system to mimic human cognitive functions, such as learning and problem solving, while machine learning is considered a subset of AI.
Gartner predicts that by 2022, one in five workers primarily engaged in non-routine tasks will rely on AI to get a job done. You see it in kiosks, grocery self-checkouts, and entertainment apps. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, artificial intelligence and machine learning jobs offer security in an economic downturn. Employment of computer and information research scientists is projected to grow 22 percent between 2020 and 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Top 15 Highest Paying Tech Skills In Demand Today
1. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Artificial intelligence and machine learning are undoubtedly all the rage in 2021. They have revolutionized industries in the extent to which recruitment in these technology areas is continually increasing globally. According to Linkedin’s UK Emerging Jobs 2020 report, “Artificial Intelligence Specialist” was the number one emerging job of 2020.
In this age of fake news, social media bubbles, and information overload, critical thinking is at the top of the list of the most vital skills to cultivate in order to succeed. Thinking critically means analyzing problems and situations based on evidence rather than hearsay, personal opinion, or bias. When you practice critical thinking, you can question the validity of evidence and find out what is true and what is not in a variety of situations.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to express and control our emotions. An emotionally intelligent person is aware of how her emotions influence her own behaviors and impact others around her and can manage those emotions accordingly. I believe that empathy, the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective, is a key component of emotional intelligence.
➡️ Where to learn it: AI Programming with Python at Udacity
If you know basic algebra and have some coding skills, you can take this Udacity Nanodegree and learn the fundamentals of artificial intelligence. You’ll learn Python, NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, PyTorch, Calculus, and Linear Algebra—everything you need to build your own neural network.
- Course name: AI Programming with Python
- Platform: Udacity
- Taught by: Ortal Arel, Juan Delgado and more
- Price : $339 per month for 3 months
- Skill level: Beginner
- Enroll in the course here