For the development of advertising and to obtain the best results, it is necessary to follow the advertising process step by step:
- Step 1 – Briefing: the advertiser must inform about the product or service that you want to advertise and doing the SWOT analysis of the company and the product.
- Step 2 – Know the Objective: first you must know the objective or purpose of the advertisement. that is, what message will be delivered to the audience?
- Step 3 – Research: this step consists of knowing the behavior of the market, knowing the competitors, what type of advertising they are using, what is the response of consumers, availability of the necessary resources in the process, etc.
- Step 4 – Target Audience: The next step is to identify the target consumers most likely to purchase the product. The target should be properly identified without any confusion. For example If the product is a healthy drink for growing children, the target customers will be the parents who will buy it, not the children who will drink it.
- Step 5 – Media Selection: Now that the target audience is identified, a suitable medium for advertising must be selected so that customers who are going to be informed about the product and are willing to buy are successful.
- Step 6 – Establish the budget: Next, the advertising budget must be planned so that there are no shortages or excess funds during the advertising process and no losses to the company.
- Step 7: design and creation of the ad: first, the agency copywriters do the design which is the outline of the ad on paper, then the actual creation of the ad is done with the help of the art directors and the agency’s creative staff.
- Step 8 – Perfection: The ad created is then re-examined and the ad is redefined to make it perfect for market entry.
- Step 9 – Place and time of the ad: The next step is to decide where and when the ad will be shown. The place will be decided according to the target customers where the ad is most visible to them. The finalization of the time in which the advertisement will be televised or displayed in the selected media will be made by the traffic department of the agency.
- Step 10 – Execution: finally the ad is launched with a perfect creation, a perfect placement and a perfect moment in the market.
- Step 11 – Performance: The last step is to judge the performance of the ad in terms of customer response, whether they are satisfied with the ad and the product, whether the ad reached all the targeted people, was it the ad capable enough to compete with the other players, etc. Each point is properly studied and changes are made, if any.
Technology is critical in sequential advertising
A sequential advertising campaign creates a story that speaks to a particular consumer, regardless of the device they use. It targets the right person at the right time and delivers the right message. Marketers design sequential marketing campaigns by using technology to collect data on what appeals to different audiences.
Here are some things you can do when analyzing user data:
Testing in the maturity stage:
The maturity stage occurs when sales start to grow. stabilize after a period of rapid growth. Companies start lowering their prices at this time to stay competitive in the face of increasing competition.
This is the stage where a business begins to be more effective and learns from its mistakes during the Introduction and Growth stages. Differentiation is usually prioritized over awareness in marketing campaigns. This could mean product features are improved, prices are lowered, and distribution is increased.
The main symptom of the maturity phase is the inevitable saturation of the main publishing channels. At this point, overall demand is at its peak, which means ad space is more expensive. Unfortunately for advertisers, at this stage in the cycle, consumers have become desensitized and annoyed with advertising on their favorite media sources, making this a difficult proposition for advertisers and agencies alike.
To respond to this proposition, advertisers and agencies, now well accustomed to the media source and armed with a significant arsenal of skilled and tech-savvy personnel, begin to focus on creating competitive advantage. through superior guidance and creativity. .
Stage # Establish Advertising Objectives:
An advertising objective is a specific communication task to be achieved with a specific target audience during a specific period of time.
Advertising objectives fall into three main categories: